Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Chapter



About the Picture: This is a photo of the gummi candies sent from Frankfurt. Thanks again, Herr Gummibaerchen! They are a nice treat. Plus, everyone who tries these gummi candies are just blown away by their taste because they are much better than the rubbery things they sell here in the States. I should open a Bears and Friends/Baeren Treff franchise here and introduce them to a wider American audience.

By the way, today I made a major decision to change employers. I feel lighter already and rid of a heavy burden. I believe this new chapter in my career is a step in the right direction because this change should give me more control over my schedule and my weekend. I am tired of having my work demands run roughshod over my personal plans. The last straw that broke the camel's back was when I had to miss a photography class and was not reimbursed for it. I truly hope I will now have more time to devote to my personal interests like photography and foreign languages! I am very excited about this change in my life.

2 comments:

Michael said...

O what big news! The picture would not indicate this. Hopefully you don't put you money in this new business idea because - at least Wikipedia - says this: Sales soared the first year and gummi-bears became so popular in the U.S. that Haribo in Germany could not supply enough product,.

frankfurtsanfrancisco said...

I'll try to find a more relevant picture to fit the momentous decision. Ha ha

Anyhow, if there is such a huge demand for gummi bears in the US, then the market could fit in another competitor in the form of the fruit juice gummi bear shops like Bears and Friends and Baeren Treff. They are clearly superior. I used to be a Haribo fan too until I tried the better stuff.

Labels