Friday, August 07, 2009

Chatty Seatmate

Security Line at ORD

I had a pleasant trip back to SF and a chatty seat neighbor. I probably found out more about him during the 4 hours than I have about some people I've known for years. For example, his favorite vacation destination in Europe is Santorini in Greece and he also really likes Molokai island in Hawaii. In 2005 he was there and wrote "Molokai 2005" in the sand with his foot and photographed that. Plus, I know all about his all expenses paid weekend plans in wine country that's being paid for by a winery. He was a pretty talkative and said that he was glad to see that I was his seat neighbor because he didn't want to sit next to "large" people. Funny!

I guess it's good when someone's chatty because it helps pass the time when you're stuck on the plane. Might as well make the most of it if you have to sit for so long in close quarters. I would not classify myself as a talkative person, but I tend to get along with people who do more of the talking because then I can be lazy and just lean back, listen, be entertained and ask questions or interject my 2 cents when I feel like it.

No comments:

Labels