Sunday, August 16, 2009

In the Studio

The Thing

This was my final class in Digital II at RayKo. It was fun being in a photography studio today. I felt like a pro playing with all the different lighting set ups.

The first set up I tested was the soft box. This photo below is a picture of one of the other students in the class. The benefit of the soft box is that it diffuses light nicely. The second set up we got to try was a hot light. The results of this were pretty poor so I will spare you the pictures. Finally I photographed an object (see purple blob like object at the top) using a table top set up with a seamless gray backdrop. I really liked this. Now I want my own equipment so that I can have a home studio. That would be superb. If I'm doing portraits I would also need a stool, but I'm not much of a portrait photographer. People are too temperamental.

No comments:

Labels