Friday, August 28, 2009

The Good Daughter

Jasmine Tea*

I treated my parents to a dim sum lunch at Koi Palace in Daly City. The ingredients used in the dishes tasted pretty fresh and consequently the end products were fairly good. If you've been to San Francisco, but haven't tried dim sum, you've missed out. It's a must have experience. This place Koi Palace is a pricier than the tea houses in Chinatown because they're very high tech and the surroundings are cleaner looking. Their receipts are computer printed and their menus have pictures with the dishes translated from Chinese into English. For all these amenities, you pay a little bit more. My only gripe is that for a restaurant that calls itself Koi Palace, I expected a couple more koi than just the 2 I saw in a mini pond.
Also, I saw some mini-celebrities there such as Martin Yan aka "Yan Can Cook" and Leland Yee, one of the senators in the California State Senate. Apparently the pair was at the restaurant holding a press conference about noodles legislation Yee is proposing. Read all about it on sfgate. I feel so connected to the news now. Ha ha

Since I'm still on vacation, I've finally found time to execute on some of the ideas that have been floating around in my head. For one, I've always wanted to get some free weights to combat arm flab. Just got two 10 lb free weights today. When I get back from NYC, I'd like to rent out a camera lens with a wide focal range. I learned from my instructor that renting is a good way to test out lenses before investing heavily in a lens that may not be right for your camera.

Yesterday I watched Hitchcock's film "North by Northwest" starring Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint. It was ok, but I prefer "Vertigo" because San Francisco is the backdrop.

*Taken with a BlackBerry

No comments:

Labels