Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fortune

Fortune Teller

About the Picture: This is one of the other mechanical toys at the Musee Mecanique. The caption at the bottom says "Have Grandma Tell You Your Fortune!", but I think she's dressed up like a gypsy, not a grandma.

About Random Things that Popped into my Mind:
On my last trip to the airport, I noticed a poor turban wearing guy who was pulled aside for a search. Hmm... I wonder why they selected him and not me for instance? I feel sorry for those guys. Just because you wear a turban shouldn't necessarily increase your chances of being selected for a pat down search, but it does.

Someone at work asked me to get onto Facebook when he heard I was leaving. Well, I already am on there albeit with an alias, so that's why he can't find me. I checked out his friends list and noticed he has 177 people on there, some of them being other colleagues. I probably won't connect with him for two reasons. One being he already has 177 friends. What's the value add of adding me? I would just become one of the herd and get lost in the crowd. Secondly, I like to try to keep my work and private life separate. Facebook's more for my personal life and weird observations, many of which are not suitable for my work colleagues. Ha ha!! LinkedIn is for my professional life where I like to maintain my professional facade.

I'm glad I can write in German, but sometimes knowing German messes with my English skills. For example, I occasionally will write certain words all stuck together and not think there is a problem with that. I actually wanted to stick the words fortuneteller together. Had to google it to check that it's written as two separate words.

Okay, that's the end of my random thoughts for the day. It feels good to get them out of my head.

No comments:

Labels