Monday, August 10, 2009

Experimenting

HDR


Why is it so hard to do something that would benefit yourself?
Today I took a day off to recover from the previous week of intense work that gave me a little health scare. So what did I end up achieving? Not much tangible. I just keep obsessively checking my BlackBerry when the red light flashes, visiting Facebook (bad, bad habit), checking my emails, reading New York Times and sfgate online, spent 30 minutes on the Wii.... Actually I want to draft a business plan. My ultimate dream would be to start my own successful business and be my own boss. No, I'm not going insane and am not planning to quit my day job. This dream will take time and discipline, but I'm determined to give it a try.

I'm sick and tired of seeing others who have an idea, just go ahead and pursue it and become well known. They may even have less talent or skill, but what they do have is courage. Courage to go out on a limb and believe in themselves.

Often when I'm toiling away in the office, I think to myself - why can't I work this hard for myself?

About the photos: The top picture shows my first experiment with High Definition Range photography. It's a photographic effect that combines photos with different exposures to make one photo with a wide range of light. It can create pretty surreal results, if that's the effect you're going for. In this case I took a photo of tools in three exposures and combined them in Photomatix. It's fun, but gimmicky.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Dream, inspire and create! I like your thoughts.

frankfurtsanfrancisco said...

Thanks ... which thoughts are you referring to specifically?

Michael said...

"My dream would be to start my own successful business and be my own boss".

Labels