Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Slanted!

Room with a View

This is the view from the kitchen. You see San Bruno Mountains and the Caltrain tracks in the distance.

Today I had a late lunch, but it was quite tasty. My buddy and I went to Slanted Door at the Ferry Building. For starters we had Vietnamese spring rolls with a peanut dipping sauce. For the main course, she had an order of shaking beef with a side of jasmine rice and I ordered the crispy seafood noodles. The noodles were so crispy that they scratched my mouth as I ate them. For dessert I had a lemon tart. Quite delicious overall. The restaurant has a modern feel to it and a great view of the Bay Bridge, but the food's on the expensive side.

After lunch I could hardly keep my eyes open. Perhaps it was due to the large meal, or perhaps it was the very quiet office environment. It got so bad that I had to get up and walk around. I realize that when I start making spelling errors and nodding my head that it's futile to try to continue working.

No comments:

Labels