Thursday, May 08, 2008

Note to my readers

Acting


Dear readers,

Apologies for the lack of a picture and posting yesterday. I blame it on the phone line that went down and down with it went my internet connection unfortunately.
So as a recap of yesterday - I went to a college of business mixer that my alma mater organized last evening. It was at the Americano Restaurant & Bar at Mission & Embarcadero streets. At first it was hard for me to just approach total strangers and start a conversation, but then it became easier after a while. I knew not a soul there. Some others were hugging their old acquaintances, etc. I don't know how they knew people so well at that event. My university was a commuter university, which had the consequence that we usually don't know each other very well. Students go to school on campus and then go home or go to work. There isn't really a cohesive culture of people living in the dorms and bonding, if you know what I mean. That was one thing I kind of missed out on in my college experience - the whole being away from home for the first time thing.

Bottom line - I shook some hands, got some business cards and chatted about what I do. Next time I should have a goal when I go to these events.

Okay, must start working now.
Ciao

P.S. The photo is of my sister who was pretending to be professional that day.

No comments:

Labels