Saturday, May 03, 2008

I left my heart

Hearts about town

Tony Bennett sang "I left my heart in San Francisco". That's why a couple of years ago, the city had a project where people were asked to decorate hearts, which are now spread all over the city. Here's a red one in front of Union Square. I think every city has one of these projects. In Munich there are painted lions, in Berlin painted bears, in New York painted apples, and in some other city painted cows. What I'd like to know is which city pioneered this.

Today in Italian class, we reviewed for our final exam next Saturday. Aside from just having the test, we will have a little party. The Italian instructor will make tiramisu, which I learned literally means "pick me up" in Italian.

3 comments:

T Lam said...

How wonderful! I don't think Hong Kong can handle this because it is ruled by a group of people without passion, imagination and creativity... I am jealous!

I just thought of the cow parade that took place a few years ago.

frankfurtsanfrancisco said...

What's the cow parade? Were they herding cows through HK streets? That I can't imagine!

T Lam said...

In the cow parade they put fibre-glass life-size cow, each with unique pattern in the city. They had that at least in Miami!

Labels