Monday, May 05, 2008

Germania


Vagabond

My German past is haunting me. Okay, okay, it sounds worse than it is.

Problem is that I have to constantly deal with things that haven't completely been resolved in Germany. Things pop up every so often. For example, I've had to talk to Citibank Germany at least a dozen times to ask them to send my Steuerbescheinigung (new word I learned from talking to Citibank. It means tax document showing interest earned) for 2007 to my SF address.

Then my tax preparer surprises me last week with the statement that they can't prepare my German tax return for 2007 for one reason or another. I'm still following up with my HR person in Germany on that one. Then today I receive a bank statement from Citibank showing a negative balance. What do they want from me now?

I will have to clarify these things asap. Problem is that I always have to wake up early to make calls to Germany. They're 9 hours ahead of us here. Only good thing about this hassle is that I get to practice my German on the customer service reps. ;-) Ha ha!


P.S. - Picture today is of my shoulder bag with some patches sewn on.

No comments:

Labels