Thursday, May 22, 2008

Inspiration Point

Seats with a View

Today I stayed after work to attend an optional event called "He Said, She Said", a workshop on communicating with the opposite gender. It was an okay event. I wish there had been more interactions and exercises though. It was somewhat passive. We sat there for the most part and listened to a speaker present the topic.

Apparently the brains of men and women are different. Women brains have more "cables" connecting both halves of the brain. Also, I found it interesting that women's brains when they're asleep are supposedly more active than men's brains even when they are engaged.

I don't think I have issues communicating with men. I try to be direct, clear, succinct and explicit with everyone I interact with. However, I do try to adjust my communication style depending on whom I'm dealing with and their specific personality. In my opinion, the personality of my conversation partner plays a more significant role than gender in the communication style I will choose.

No comments:

Labels