Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Predestination

Psychedelic

I had a "Eureka" moment today and it's represented by the picture above. Okay, so one rainy day, I saw a picture on the San Francisco Chronicle of people holding umbrellas and walking in the Embarcadero. It was a pretty cool picture because as the umbrellas were very colorful against the circular patterned paving that is unique to the Embarcadero. Also, I have seen artists selling pictures of people walking in the Embarcedero with the flooring as a backdrop.

Since I work there, I've always wondered where these guys are taking their photos. Well, today as I was pondering what I should photograph, I wandered into this area. Eureka! I had discovered the secret location of these photographers!!!

I admit that it's not very creative to recreate others work, but I think it's a start. First you try to emulate the photos of those you admire and then you can move onto the next step which is to communicate your own unique vision.

Aside from that little discovery, I stumbled upon this article about birthdays and how they are celebrated in Germany. I agree with the article, which states that Germans do birthdays better than Americans. First of all, instead of being given a cake, the birthday kid is expected to bring in some goodies for the others. I kind of like that tradition. You're basically celebrating your own day and making it nice for others as well.



No comments:

Labels