Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Dripping sandwich

Red means go!

Yuck! Today I saw someone eating a late lunch at her desk. What made it disgusting looking was that it was dripping some substance. Maybe it was melted cheese or something. I don't know, nor do I care to find out.

I'm not a fan of eating at my desk because I'm a firm believer in a change of scenery. It can do wonders even if you are just going to get up and go eat in the kitchen.

Eating at your desk is such an American thing to do I think. Contrast this with how Germans typically eat according to this Spiegel Online article. We are just soooooo busy that we can't take a moment to have lunch away from our desks. I've tried eating at my desk many times, but I didn't find it very helpful because I might get some food on the workpapers or food will drop on the cubicle. It just gets my workspace dirty. Plus, it slows down my work too. I much prefer just taking time out to focus on eating and then afterwards I can refocus on work again. Multitasking is overrated!!

No comments:

Labels