Saturday, May 10, 2008

Arrivederci, la lezione italiano!

Festa

Today was the last day of Italian class. Since the class was conversational Italian, the final exam was purely an oral one. The instructor asked each of us questions and we would answer.

Now I know how to introduce myself in Italian, say where I am from and explain what I like to do in my free time. In addition, I had to answer the following questions:

1. What time is it now? What time do you arrive at school? What time do you go to bed usually?
2. Do you like to call people or send emails? Whom do you call or email?
3. Do you relax easily? What do you do to relax? What do you find stressful?
4. How are your classmates? Where are they from? How are they doing right now?

After the exam we had a little party. The food was abbastanza bene, which means pretty good in Italian. There was focaccia, lasagna, drinks, grilled vegetables, crackers and spread, panettone, fresh fruit and nuts, and of course the teacher's famous tiramisu. My personal favorite was the focaccia!

The party was also a good way to finally get to know my fellow classmates better. For example, I found out that someone's companion is a photographer in SF, another person was a drug counselor and someone else was a nurse in WWII. Overall it was a nice finale to the class and we all bid the instructor "Arrivederci" of course. We'll see if I continue with Italian.

No comments:

Labels