Friday, October 09, 2009

Autumn in the Air


Vivid

Happy Friday! It's Fleet Week here in SF, so the military might is being paraded around this weekend. The Blue Angels were zooming around the Financial District yesterday and today. It's really distracting because you hear this loud roar and want to see what type of daredevil formation the jets are in. I'm not really into this display of military muscle because I think it's a waste of money to put on an air show. Save the money and use it to get the homeless into rehabilitation or housing! Plus, Fleet Week is also a recruitment tool to inspire youngsters to join the military because they are inspired by the jets. Spare me.

By the way, I saw the film "L'auberge espagnole" on DVD the other day. It's a nice fluffy film about Europeans sharing an apartment. It's by the same director of "Paris" - Cedric Klapisch. Tonight I wanted to see "Wall Street" of "Greed is good" fame, but the DVD I borrowed from the library was scratched, so the film stuck. :-(

No comments:

Labels