Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Always a Foreigner


Get Your Ducks in a Row

Asians = sneaky corporate spies

This is the message I got when I saw an ad from a software company that sells employee monitoring products. This is how the ad looked - an Asian man, a Caucasian man and a Caucasian woman with words written on their foreheads. On the Caucasian man's forehead were the words "I view X-rated sites behind my cube walls". On the woman's head you see the words "I shop online all day at work". And on the Asian's forehead .... (drumroll please) .... of course the Asian is a corporate spy selling secrets. As an Asian American, I do not appreciate the stereotype that we steal company information, implicitly to provide it to the motherland - China. Just because some people might have done this, does not mean we're all sneaky people!

No comments:

Labels