Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's a Sign!


There was a one day 30% off sale at an art store in the Financial District, so I checked it out for bargains. I ended up getting these two notebooks because the colors were so cheery and the price was right. Turns out that these notebooks were made in Spain. What a coincidence! I think it's a positive sign for my trip to Espana next year. Europe, oh Europe ... why do you have such a strong hold on me like no other destination?

P.S. Obama is in town today, causing rush hour traffic to slow to a crawl.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Yes, that's really strange because the unique selling proposition is only "old towns and pedestrian zones" - I guess as American I would go to Europe for a "once time life experience". Nature is in America or Africa much more impressive, cities and crowded places are much more exciting in Asia, food is better in Asia, too, beaches, as well, weather as well, people are much friendler anywhere else outside Europe, ... and it's expensive, too ...
I am totally impressed by South East Asia. You stay in a **hotel and say at 10pm "tomorrow I'd like a bus to ... (300 km away) or I'd like to see a waterfall" and at 8am they pick you up and you pay maybe 10$ ..

frankfurtsanfrancisco said...

You'd be amazed at the number of Americans who say they're jealous after they hear that someone's been to Europe!

For me, the draw of Europe come from the whole fairy tale thing that was fed to me as a kid. Who doesn't like fairy tales with their castles, magic, princes, princesses, knights-in-shining-armor, dragons and damsels in distress? It's the stuff of fairy tales as they say.

Some parts of Asia are a little to "wild, wild, West" for me. I also hate negotiating.

Labels