Monday, October 05, 2009

The Awakening


Girlishness

It's time to come to your senses. You go to work to earn money, so that you can live a semi-comfortable life. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect to make any friends. If you do, then good for you!

I read an interesting article in the Economist recently. It stated that instead of using GDP as a measure of well-being, we should somehow find a way to measure happiness. What a good idea! America enjoys a high GDP per capita, but Americans work too much. There's so much more that goes into the equation for happiness in addition to goods and services. According to the article, the GDP of France is lower, but the French work less, so maybe they are happier. I'm all for working less and spending time on things I enjoy. Next Monday I have a 3 day weekend because of Columbus Day, which is a bank holiday. Yippee! What should I do with this free day?

No comments:

Labels