Thursday, July 09, 2009

Summer

Fruits of Summer

Peaches are the quintessential fruits of summer. The yellow fleshed peaches are the sweetest. Some people associate watermelons with summer, but I don't really like the taste of them. These plump orbs of peachy perfection were being sold at the Farmers Market today near the Ferry Building. I didn't have a dime on me, so I had to satisfy myself with a mere picture.

Aside from indulging in peaches, summer is also the time to reconnect with people. Some of my classmates from middle school are reviving the idea of a reunion 15 years after graduation. Some of these people I really have not seen during the entire time. This reunion would be more meaningful for me than attending my high school reunion because I hardly kept in contact with anyone from my high school class, which had over 700 students in it. Way too impersonal.

No comments:

Labels