Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

Trellis

About my Photographic Journey:
The book "The Artist's Way" found its way to my local library, where I picked it up. I'm at the chapter where they discuss the basic tools of following the way. These basic tools are morning pages and artist dates. Morning pages are 3 pages of stream of conscious writing. It doesn't matter that it's sounds stupid, just do it! Apparently it is supposed to help you overcome your inner Censor, which stomps out all of your ideas. Then artist dates are 2 hours a week that you spend doing something that your artistic soul would enjoy. Don't bring anyone else on your artist date. The idea is that they would distract you from connecting with your inner artist. Essentially artist dates are probably intended to help you find inspiration. Now I just need to assemble a posse.

No comments:

Labels