Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Jump on the Bandwagon!

Elysium


I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Today's topic is how I grew up on Michael Jackson's music. Just kidding! I wasn't a huge fan and won't claim to be.

My most vivid memory of his song "Heal the World" was when I was in grade school. My school forced us to only eat rice with water for lunch that day in order to show solidarity with the children in the world who suffer from hunger. We listened to the song and watched a video while eating the rice and water mix in the dimmed auditorium.

CNN is going on overload with the Michael Jackson memorial service coverage. I saw a snippet during lunch today when people were singing "Heal the World" on the stage. It was like deja vu, only this time I was eating noodles, rather than rice and water.

No comments:

Labels