Monday, July 20, 2009

Photographers I Admire



About the picture: This is Claude Lane, an alleyway in SF that is supposed to have a French flair to it.

About my Photographic Journey: I'm having a hard time coming up with a list of photographers I admire. Perhaps this means I haven't looked at enough pictures from other photographers. I like Ansel Adams for his nature shots, Henri Cartier-Bresson for his jumping man picture, August Sander for his simple, yet interesting portraits, but actually, I'm not a portrait person. I enjoy the travel photography genre much more. This guy David Muench has some good work, but he's actually still alive and probably not considered a fine art photographer like the others. I wonder how much of the coloring in his pictures are real and how much of it was due to post processing.

No comments:

Labels