Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What a Trip!

Textures

This Memorial Day weekend I've got plans. I'm going to Seattle, Washington! Can't wait. Actually, I'm playing catch-up now because most people have visited Seattle already. For example, I told two of my coworkers that I will be going there and both of them had already been. Am I just behind the curve? I don't know.

One of the main reasons I travel is to broaden the mind and to take pictures of course! Traveling is a part of a well rounded education. Without it, you can't join in conversations and small talk. Now that I'm back in the United States, I'm trying to make it a point to travel more domestically. So far I've been to the following domestic US cities:

1. Boston
2. New York City
3. Atlanta (the "ATL") although it was for work only and I didn't get to see the city center, so not sure if it counts
4. San Jose, CA (for work - BTW, downtown San Jose is ugly)
5. New Orleans (when I was younger, so I don't remember anything really)
6. Orlando (for work related training and didn't get to see city center)
7. San Diego, CA (for work, but I did get to spend time seeing the sights. Very nice city and nice laid back people)
8. Los Angeles (for work, so saw downtown LA, which was deserted and some blocks looked sketchy)
9. Honolulu
10. Carmel by the Sea (one of my faves - so cute and clean!)
11. Monterey, CA (love the weather and the wildly beautiful Californian coast)

I think that's it.

My US/Canada domestic travel experiences wish list looks like this:
1. Washington DC
2. Vancouver, Canada
3. Denver, CO
4. Santa Fe, New Mexico or somewhere else in the Southwest
5. Philadelphia, PA
6. Chicago, IL
7. Dallas or Austin, TX
8. Alaska somewhere
9. Go on a cruise somewhere
10. Savannah, GA

If you need inspiration for travel destinations, here's a hot tip - check out DailyCandy's travel edition. It's only for the cool kids like you & me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can combine Alaska and cruise.

Labels