Sunday, May 10, 2009

Love Letter


Contemporary Jewish Museum

Dear Lightroom,

I don't know how I lived my photographic life before you came along! You've made me a better person. Now I am more efficient whenever I edit and manage my photo files. You had me at import.

How do I love thee? Let me list the ways.

1. Upon import of my files, you let me rename them using custom file names so that I can keep them truly unique. Now that I'm taking pictures with two separate cameras, the camera's sequence numbers are no longer sufficient. The problem that arises is that there has been overlaps in the sequence numbers, which increases the risk that I will overwrite my old files with my new one. For example, my old Canon G6 took photo number 560 and named the file 560.jpg. Photo number 560 on my EOS 5D could also be named 560.jpg if that's how I export my photos. Lightroom lets me create unique names upon import.

2. You let me quickly create collections, add copyright watermarks and resize my photos

3. I can nondestructively modify my photos

Faithfully yours,
frankfurtsanfrancisco

==================

So I took advantage of San Francisco's free museum days and visited the Contemporary Jewish Museum. Although I'm not Jewish, I figured it would be good to get exposed to a different culture. From the outside, the metallic blue building material is quite the eye-catcher. See picture above.

In addition, I really wanted to see the interior of the Daniel Libeskind designed museum. See picture below. He did a good job integrating the building's original design with his new vision for the building.

Afterwards I met up with some folks at the Samovar Tea Lounge at Yerba Buena Gardens. I had one medium sized cup of masala chai tea that ultimately cost me $6, including tax and tip! That's way expensive. No wonder people have next to no savings here in America. For people who regularly eat out, it can truly add up and they could end up busting their budget if they even keep one! Thank goodness I have self-control.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly how did Daniel Libeskind integrate the new design with that fne old and noble structure? His "new design" looks like a piece of space junk collides with the former power station.

Libeskind is the world's most shallow and superficial architect and a known liar and cheat. People confuse celebrity status with design quality.

frankfurtsanfrancisco said...

Mr. Anon - I don't claim to have a Ph.D. in architecture. The building just looks visually interesting to me. In addition, I don't presume to known Mr. Libeskind personally so will withhold judgment on his character.

Labels