Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blast from the Past

Interior

I just got friended today on Facebook by a classmate from middle school, whom I haven't seen for almost 10 years! Facebook is insane. People are coming out of the woodwork left and right.

Continuing with my restaurant theme, one of my work colleagues went to eat at a unique Japanese restaurant in the Richmond District. It's called Tekka Sushi and is a hole in the wall. However, it sounds like this place is very popular because of the unique owner. The sushi chef has a set of 10 rules that the customers must abide by. He boogies to a Bee Gees DVD every night as he is making the sushi. Also, the restaurant has the feel of home because it only seats 10 people. While you are waiting in line for the restaurant to open, you start chatting with the other guests and get to know them.

I think the whole reason people flock to this place is due to its somewhat eccentric owner/sushi chef. He makes it an experience. I bet if I were to be as eccentric as this guy, I wouldn't be as successful. Just as a caveat, I haven't been to this place, so this is just hearsay.

No comments:

Labels