Thursday, May 07, 2009

Drobo headaches


Drobo Behaving Badly

Prior to going on vacation I ordered a drive robot aka "drobo" because I need additional storage for my large photo files. I decided to purchase it because it was supposed to be simple to use and it was supposed to take care of itself. However, now that I've finally had time to try to install it, it's proving to be such a headache. It's not as simple as plug and play. I still need to format the hard drive, but it won't let me until my laptop recognizes the drive. Yesterday it seemed fine, but today it's just not been cooperating with me. Plus, the customer support hours are so limited. Support is only available Monday - Friday from 6 AM - 6 PM Pacific time, which forces me to wake up early to call them with my questions. I just may have to do that tomorrow morning.

Okay, I take some of that back... it finally started behaving itself. Bad drobo!

No comments:

Labels