Friday, May 15, 2009

Strategy

S-Bahn

Today was crazy at work. Right around 10:30 I had three different people asking me to do different things. Wanting to please the maximum number of people, I worked through lunch to get something done in time so that I could start the next task. The first thing I tackled was a "little" Powerpoint request for changes to a proposal. Powerpoint for some reason always takes longer than people expect. By the way, I hate tables in Powerpoint! People, please just import them from Excel, which makes it easier to format!

By the way, about the picture - I really like the green color permeating the picture and the font used for the words "Unter den Linden". Sehr schoen! I sent the file to Costco for printing and will pick up tomorrow. I think I will invest in my own printer pretty soon. It's such a hassle to have to pick up prints and you never know how they will turn out.

1 comment:

Michael, Zurich said...

This is my advice after my 10'000th slide in Powerpoint:
NEVER import tabels from Excel. It's a drama to reformat them, and there is no logic behind it why some borders and cells may disappear when you resize the table.

In a forum I found the advise saying it "should" work:
"Jennifer, PPT has limitations. If the Excel table is larger than PPT can except it won't work.

How many rows and how many columns are you using?
What do you mean by formatting, are you using Autoformat?

When I add autoformatting to selected cells and copy them from excel and paste into PPT the cell maintain the formating.

I am also prompted by the Office 2003 "smart tags" how I want the data pasted.

If you don't have these options go to the Edit menu before you paste and select paste special. Experiment with these options and see if you get the results you are looking for.

Pasting as an Excel worksheet object should work."

Labels