Monday, May 25, 2009

Seattle - The Emerald City

Piggy at Pike Place

Here's my Seattle experience in a nutshell -

Seattle is very similar to SF.
I like SF.
Therefore I like Seattle.

Piers, ferries, hills and organic farmer markets oh my! I did not realize how twin-like the Emerald City is to the City by the Bay. I spent the weekend exploring various neighborhoods and just got acquainted with the city. There is much more I missed though. For example, I really wanted to visit one neighborhood called Fremont that had quirky public art installations like a troll under a bridge. Because I did not have time to research Seattle's bus system, I did not make it up to Fremont. Maybe next time.

More on Seattle tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy the picture of a pig at Pike Place Market - Seattle's most famous market.

No comments:

Labels