Thursday, May 28, 2009

Seattle - Flying Monkeys

Flying Fritz

My sister and I have a couple traditions when we go traveling. One of them is to splurge on a nice diner style breakfast of waffles, pancakes or French toast. Generally we don't eat this stuff for breakfast, but when we're traveling, it's nice to be able to treat ourselves. Aside from this one luxury, we like to save money on our food, so we often go to supermarkets for dinner. In Seattle we went to Whole Foods, which is a very upscale supermarket with its headquarters in Austin, TX. People joke that this place should be called "Whole Paycheck" because it costs nearly an entire paycheck to buy groceries at this place and that's not very far from the truth. Whole Foods sells organic foods and there is a HUGE selection of goods.

Another one of my sister's traditions is to have her shoelaces go untied whenever we need to run or hurry to a location. Don't ask me why it always happens at the most inopportune moments. My tradition is that I usually have a poor sense of direction. I never seem to remember in which direction to head after I leave a building. Usually I end up heading the wrong way, so I can almost guarantee that if I head opposite of the direction that I think is right, I'll end up getting to my destination.

1 comment:

MC said...

You got that right. At least I stopped the tradition of dropping the waterbottle.

Labels