Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Seattle - Personal Highlight

Seattle Public Library

The Seattle Public Library was my personal highlight of the trip because it gave me so much to work with from a photography perspective. There were lines, patterns, colors, shadows, etc. I was so excited (imagine that, me getting excited about something!) by what I saw that I could only describe it as being in photographic ecstasy. Everywhere I turned there was something interesting to capture. The light was perfect in the library - bright without being harsh. It was a very soft light. Then for the ultimate surprise, I happened to land on the 4th floor by accident; this floor was painted totally red! I took some interesting pictures here totally bathed in this primal color.

Aside: Now that I've been to Seattle, I want to see the film "Sleepless in Seattle" because I should now be able to recognize the various locations where they shot the film.

No comments:

Labels