Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rite of passage

I built my first ever Ikea unit with help from my dad. I think putting one of these things together is a rite of passage. Everyone at least once in their life has to assemble a piece of Ikea furniture. We did make one mistake in putting this together because if you look closely at the picture above, you'll notice that one of the boards (the middle one) going across is darker than the rest. That is due to the fact that there is no finishing on that side. It should have been switched around, but it's too late to disassemble the "Billy" bookcase now.

I'm just excited about the increased productivity introduced into the room. Now I no longer have to waste time rummaging through tons of books just to find the one of I want. The top section is devoted to foreign language books and tapes. In addition, I have created photography and travel sections. The next piece of Ikea furniture to be assembled is a wardrobe, but not today.

No comments:

Labels