Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Backpack & puff of air tests

These are pictures of the Eaglecreek backpack I'll be using for my trip in April. It holds 71 liters and is pretty spacious looking. One feature I like is that it opens like a suitcase for ease of packing. See picture. I will have to test it out to see how much I can pack in there. My goal is to pack light so that I won't have a huge load on my back. Plus, I would like to leave some room for souvenirs! The backpack above comes with a detachable daypack as well. Here are the professional specs.

In other news, I went to the eye doctor to get a pair of prescription sunglasses. I decided to finally order a pair because I'm planning to go snowboarding and will need some protection from the glare of the snow. Anyway, they ran me through a gamut of eye tests, one of my least favorite being the puff of air test. They put a machine in front of your eyes, ask you to rest your chin on a rest, put your forehead flush to a forehead cradle, focus on a green light and then just relax as you wait for the puff of air. It's nerve-wracking because you know it's coming, but can't do anything about it. The experience reminded me of the Friends episode in which Rachel visits the eye doctor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danke für die Infos! Ich dachte nicht, dass der Rucksack sooo groß ist.
Ich schau mal weiter nach einem für mich...

Labels