Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lingo


I subscribe to various electronic newsletters that get sent to me daily and I found this gem today. It's an article from Harvard Business Publishing about business buzzwords that are all too often bandied about in Corporate America. Click here to read. Be sure to read the comments too because readers have added even more buzzwords. The most cringe-inducing buzzword in my opinion is "out of pocket." The first time I heard it was last year when a manager said that his boss was out of pocket the rest of the afternoon. Basically it means that someone is not available. Apparently it originated in American football. Another phrase that gets on my nerve is "penetrate".

Off topic, I have a recurring dream/nightmare. In this dream, I'm traveling, but either I forget my passport or I didn't pack something essential like clothes. That would truly be a nightmare! Do you have recurring dreams? If so, please share!

No comments:

Labels