Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

View from LuLu Petite

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Tomorrow is the big day for the big bird and the big meal.

Family tradition is to go over to my grand-aunts' place to see the extended family on my mother's side. There are also certain foods that are must haves such as turkey, stuffed shells, mutli-layered Jello, butter cookies and carrot soup. I try not to overstuff myself, but it's difficult when you want to try a bit of each dish. Tomorrow I will surely struggle to explain what type of work I do. It's difficult to articulate because I work on such diverse topics that are all somehow related to fraud in the banking industry. The day after Thanksgiving, aka Black Friday will be a normal work day for me since I currently have no vacation hours and my company does not give that day as a holiday. I get to work from home.

I've got plenty of entertainment to keep me busy tomorrow because I somehow managed to borrow both Season One and Two of Mad Men from the San Francisco Public Library. These DVDs are in high demand, so I'm glad I didn't have to wait too long for them. I love the SF public library. I can reserve my books, DVDs online and they will be delivered to the branch closest to my home. My tax dollars at work!


No comments:

Labels