Friday, November 13, 2009

Be Present

Wind Chimes

I often need to remind myself to be in the present because my mind sometimes gets crowded with too many other thoughts that are useless. When I find myself in these situations, I just take a deep breath and tell myself to let go of that useless thought or worry. This technique helps me to relax. Just let go, release. It's ok. I'm glad I picked up some of these tricks from my sister's holistic health classes during university that covered topics like meditation. My philosophy in life is that you can't dwell on the past too long because the past is just that. It's gone, done, finito and you can't change a thing about it. Regret is a waste of time. Definitely learn from the past, but it's much more productive to face forward and think about actions that you can affect and change about your behavior.

About the Photo: I snapped this on Grant Ave in Chinatown. Some of the stores make interesting photos because they are so cluttered and sell weird stuff. You have to be discreet and quick when taking pictures though because the shop owners will sometimes shoo you away and say "No photos!! No photos!!" That's one of my problems - I'm a slow photographer because I need to frame things and reframe them, fix the exposure, change the ISO, etc.

No comments:

Labels