Saturday, November 28, 2009

Smile


The theme of today's post is Asia. I went to the Asian Art museum today, where I took this picture of a smiling old man. Then recently I read an article about how in China there is a fake iPhone that they call a "HiPhone." This is hilarious! I understand this is tantamount to stealing someone's property when you create counterfeit versions of things, however, I find the names funny. One time I saw a knock-off of the Banana Republic brand and it had a funny name as well that I don't remember.

Then on the NY Times I found an article on the boom of mixed babies in South Korea and how the country is having a hard time coping with them. By mixed the article means one of the parents is Chinese, Vietnamese or another type of Asian. Interesting stuff.

No comments:

Labels