Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dolores Park

Purple Wash

"Dolor" means pain in Spanish. I'm not sure why anyone would want to name their daughter Dolores. Anyhow, I'm went to Dolores Park in SF this afternoon to find some fodder for this blog. This park has phenomenal views of the San Francisco skyline as you can see from the picture above, perfect for tourists who want a great shot. Most of the tourists don't come to this corner of the city though.

It took me nearly 30 minutes to find a parking space near Dolores Park. I saw a couple spots between cars, but I am a poor parallel parker, so that's why it took 30 minutes. I eventually found a parking space at 16th Street and Guerrero. If I get a new car, it would have to be small to help make finding a parking space easier.

This can be considered my 3rd artist date because I've never been to Dolores Park before. I've heard a lot about it though. If you're wondering where all the alternative youngsters in San Francisco live, you've found your answer in the neighborhood around Dolores Park.

2 comments:

Michael said...

see Wikipedia

frankfurtsanfrancisco said...

Creepy pic on the Dolores Wiki.

Labels