Monday, June 15, 2009

Special Update on Photobooks - Mpix Review

Lunch*

Returning to the topic of photo books, I was planning to try out Mpix. I even went as far as to download the software and test it out. However, I decided against it.

First of all, there are limited book templates and those that they offer are quite crude. For example, there's one for "that special little boy", and then one for that "special little girl", and travels, wedding etc. This is very limited!

Furthermore, I could not figure out how to preview my book. The book making software is not intuitive.

Finally, the page layouts did not allow for much text. So let's say I really wanted to fully explain why there is a Pope's palace in Avignon, it would not be possible because the page layouts only allow for limited captions.

My quest for the perfect photobook maker continues.

*About the picture:

This will be my lunch for tomorrow. It's a mixture of Prego tomato sauce, sausage, corn, celery and mushrooms. This will be the sauce over some al dente linguini. It's my way of saving some dollars because eating out in the Financial District adds up. Assume each lunch costs on average $8, I would be spending $40 a week on lunch alone! This is not including little snacks like chai lattes, etc.

No comments:

Labels