Thursday, June 11, 2009

Secrets revealed


Okay, not really. I just wanted to make the title provocative and sensational!

I got a technical question about how I executed some of my shots for the conference. Essentially I was shooting with a 70-300 mm telephoto for the nice portrait shots. Then if I needed the capture large groups, I used a wide angle. ISO was set all the way up to 1600 in dimly lit rooms and 100 when the light was sufficient.

I like the photo above because the woman on the left looks like she's laughing at something very funny.

Then I got a question about companies that make photobooks. Here's a list:

1. My Publisher
2. Blurb
3. Adoramapix
4. Asukabook
5. Bangor Photo
6. Mpix
7. Lulu

I have used only My Publisher and blurb. My Publisher is more expensive, but the paper quality is higher and glossier. Blurb is more affordable (read cheaper), but the paper is not as good. However, Blurb makes nice book jackets. I've never tried the rest of the companies.

No comments:

Labels