Thursday, September 17, 2009

Missing


You don't realize how good you have it until "it" is gone. I'm referring to the little office amenities I miss since I've changed jobs. In my old office there was a nice break area called "the Commons" where you could eat your lunch. There was a TV, plastic utensils and paper plates. At my new office, there's one little breakroom that no one really uses because it is windowless and depressing looking. The kitchen is bare. I looked through all the cabinets and only found paper towels and a few plastic forks. My hypothesis is that the more hours a company makes you work, the nicer the office. That might explain why it's so great at Google - free meals and massages, toys and games all over, etc. They want their employees to spend their whole life at the company! Maybe it is a good thing that the kitchen at my new employer is on the threadbare side.

About the Photo: This was the most interesting thing in my line of sight this evening. !Disculpe!

No comments:

Labels