Friday, September 18, 2009

Following the Crowd



To jean, or not to jean. That is the question.
This being Friday and this being America, we have casual Fridays at my new workplace. Casual Fridays are minefields because they are huge gray areas with potentially disastrous results if the wrong clothing is selected. There are no guidelines on what constitutes acceptable Friday casual office wear. And although they are called casual Fridays, you can't REALLY wear whatever you want. Your clothing still has to be presentable at least.

Since I wasn't sure if my colleagues and boss would take the opportunity to wear jeans, I dressed in business casual instead. Now that I know people in my group actually do take advantage of this, I will probably do it next Friday.

Oh yes, I survived one week in my new job and delivered a work product to my boss' boss too. Cool beans!

No comments:

Labels