Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Evening Escapades

Schroeders

There's this little German bar/pub in the Financial District called "Schroeders", pronounced in American as "Schro-ders", rather than with the umlaut sound. ;-) My new work group treated me to welcome drinks here last night. I had a non-alcoholic Bitburger. Tonight I came out of hiding and went to an event after work. I'm so proud of myself for forcing myself to do things after work. Generally I just go straight home, but this needs to change gradually. This is after all one of the reasons I found a new job - so that I could have more personal time. Work should not equal life.

So at work I had to research a law that impacts the company and then my boss sprang a mini quiz on me by asking me to present my findings to him. I don't really like being tested considering it is only my second full day on the job. Anyhow, I produced my first "deliverable" in Powerpoint today because I know he likes Powerpoint. I think it met expectations. It's still to early for me to draw any conclusions on my work colleagues.

On the other hand, I have drawn a conclusion on a new dress shoe I purchased online recently. See picture here. Anyhow, this devil has been killing my feet! Yes, it is relatively flat, but the back of the shoe scratches my Achilles heel. It especially hurts when I try to walk on the street because it is rubbing my foot the wrong way. It's giving my foot serious bruising because the leather is hard, rather than supple. I don't think I will ever buy shoes online again. It's been a huge waste of time and money. Now I can't even wear this shoe and will have to spend money buying another shoe at a real shoe store. Ugh!

No comments:

Labels