Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Gods are Smiling


My day's been pretty long and I'm pooped. After work I went to a meeting of this professional organization I'm a member of. This meeting was followed by dinner at Henry's Hunan, which serves spicy Chinese cuisine. While I enjoyed the chance to network and socialize, it just sucks the energy out of me by the end of the day. I don't know how some people can be so energetic after work. Maybe they are smoking/imbibing/inhaling energy enhancing concoctions to give them an extra boost. Who knows? I certainly don't.

About the Picture: This is a photo of performers dressed up in traditional Chinese garb of some old time period way back when.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I guess most of the guys are "white collar workers". The term is somehow misleading because drinking coffee, surfing the Internet, talking about last night's TV shows and forwarding emails and to-do's is not exactly what I would call "work" ...

frankfurtsanfrancisco said...

Using your brain power can be taxing. Then add the pressure to perform. I wouldn't underestimate it.

Labels