Monday, March 30, 2009

Quaking in my boots

Do not enter

There was supposedly an earthquake this morning, but I didn't feel a thing. That's because I was too engrossed in my work to notice such a thing. Those people who felt it just weren't concentrating hard enough. (Just kidding)

I finished the book Vanity Fair this weekend and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. My favorite part of the plot revolved around the characters Amelia Sedley and William Dobbin because the underdog - Dobbin in this case wins the girl ultimately through his true nature and gentlemanly behavior. I disliked the George Osborne character because he thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. He even wanted to cheat on his wife Amelia with one of her friends - Becky Sharp.

The next book I'm moving onto is a non-fiction tale about smart people in Britain who broke the enigma code during World War II.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why did you spoil the book for me? You should have said "Spoiler Alert".

Labels