Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fire engine red

Fire!

My cousin is a fire fighter. Once, he mentioned that he often gets asked by German tourists if they could take a picture of the fire engine. Apparently they are very knowledgeable about the technical capabilities and power of the fire engines and like to ask a lot of questions. I'm glad the fire engines are such tourist magnets. I've forgotten how fire engines in Germany look like. Are they not as flashy as the American ones? The fire engine above was shot in harsh afternoon light as you can see above.

After work I went to a mixer for financial peeps with small eyes. My goal was to network and more importantly find out how to get more involved. I asked around if there were any officers of the organization that I could speak to and was promptly introduced to a number of them. The professional organization does have numerous committees and they are always looking for help. I might follow up with an officer my email.

Mission accomplished. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed! German "Feuerwehrautos" are ugly as sin:
http://de.fotolia.com/id/136675
Same for trucks. American trucks are such a beauty ...

Labels