Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Glamour shots

Fuzzy wuzzies

About the picture: I processed this photo of cherry blossoms using Lightroom. Instead of pushing the clarity slider to the right, thereby increasing clarity, I pushed it to the left to make the flowers emit a soft glow. I call it the Glamour Shots effect. Glamour shots is a portrait studio that is supposed to make you look like a supermodel. They used to really oversoften portraits so that all the blemishes disappear under the haziness.

About other events: Cherry blossoms are in bloom not just in Golden Gate Park, but especially in Washington DC. Check out these photos on Sfgate. It looks like a snowy wonderland and would make a great photography excursion one of these days. I've never been to the capital of the US, but I have been to the capital of Germany. Funny how tourists often see more of a country than its own residents.

No comments:

Labels