Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Helmet hair

Port of San Francisco

About the picture: I took this picture of the SF skyline from the vantage point of Pier 14, which extends out into the San Francisco Bay. Sometimes it's hard to find photos for my daily blog because I feel that there's nothing fresh anymore after a year of doing my 365-photos a year project. However, it's a challenge that I'd like to try to meet.

About current events:

I've been closely following the story of actress Natasha Richardson's skiing accident and then death from a fall on the beginners' slopes in Canada. For the entire story click here. Apparently she was taking a private lesson and then fell. She wasn't immediately hurt, got up and even joked. Only hours later did she feel severe headaches and had to be hospitalized. It's really scary considering that I wasn't wearing a helmet when I was learning snowboarding this past Saturday. I will definitely consider renting a helmet even for the bunny slopes. Better safe than sorry!

No comments:

Labels