Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Photography Meetup


The Meetup

You get a respite from my "You know you're Chinese when you..." series because I did make it to the Photography meetup today after work. Here's a random picture of the venue and some of the folks who showed up. I estimate that 15-20 people attended. Some of them brought portfolios of their work to share. I enjoy seeing what others do photographically so that I can get inspired myself. For example, I would like to put a physical portfolio together eventually. For the most part people were open to sharing their techniques. I saw some pretty good photos, especially from the organizer. Many of the prints in her portfolio were huge!

My personal take away (yes, one of those nasty business catch phrases) from tonight was how to make an HDR (high definition range) image. Apparently Photomatix is software that enables those images. I've never tried it, but am curious to learn the technique. Successful Meetup? I'd say so if I am exposed to new things.

No comments:

Labels