Sunday, March 15, 2009

Entrepreneurship


Greeting card

Entrepreneur - Etymology: French, from Old French, from entreprendre to undertake; Definition: One who organizes, manages, and assumes the risks of a business or enterprise.

One of my friends has a birthday coming up, so what better greeting card to send than a handmade one featuring my photos? See sample above. Since I enjoy photography so much, it would be a dream of mine to do it for a living. Also, because I'm realistic, I'm not giving up my day job. On the other hand, it can't hurt to explore the commercial side of images. I have a small virtual storefront set up. Now I just need to create some more inventory for sale.

In addition, I must try my hand at stock photos. You don't earn much per picture, but there is a certain satisfaction in making a sale. I just need to stop talking and start doing something about it. Take some action and pull myself out of a creative rut!

No comments:

Labels