Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Secret Garden

Just when I thought I knew the Financial District like the back of my hand, I find something new! Now feel like Christopher Columbus "discovering" America.

As I was walking on my favorite street, I glanced up at a sign posted on an office building. (See first picture above) It indicated that a public garden terrace was on the 6th floor of the building and was accessible to the public. Being one of the "public" referenced in the sign, I decided to head to the elevator bank, entered the elevator, pressed the button for the 6th floor and waited with bated breath to discover what awaited me.

As the elevator doors opened, I glanced left and right until I spied the garden terrace in the middle picture above. It's a quiet little space with some trees and plenty of seating. At the time I arrived, there was only one person sitting there. The view from the rooftop terrace is portrayed in the rightmost picture above. At that level, I definitely saw things from a different perspective. I heard that San Francisco's Financial District has many more such hidden jewels on rooftops. I wonder where they are. Oh, I think I just found some more here!

No comments:

Labels